Our three boutiques are located in the New York area- Rye, Larchmont, and Westhampton Beach, NY. The first store was founded in Larchmont in 2009 by retail veteran Abbie Durkin as a destination accessory store named "Clutch." We have since evolved to ‘Palmer & Purchase’, and our three stores house a curated mix of contemporary clothing and accessories for women. In 2018, we began designing and producing our own brand of cashmere sweaters, and by 2023 we have expanded to a full collection of cotton, cashmere, and essentials.
Full & Part Time Sales Associates
Salary Range $15 - $25hr
Our Rye, Larchmont & WHB stores are looking for an energetic and customer service-oriented retail sales associate to join our team. With us, you’ll help to wardrobe customers all while enjoying the benefits of working on a small, cooperative and close-knit team. This is a great opportunity for clothing and jewelry lovers to build their interpersonal skills and learn the day to day of retail operations.
- Greet guests as they enter the shop, ask whether they would like assistance with anything and provide help if needed in a friendly, hospitable and efficient manner
- Remain knowledgeable about and answer questions related to merchandise, sales, promotions and store policy
- Provide recommendations based on customer’s stated preferences, needs and desires
- Create a warm and cozy atmosphere for our guests in accordance with the vision of the store by acting in a welcoming and approachable manner during customer interactions
- Operate a cash register and perform related tasks, including cash handling, credit card processing and opening and closing of the register when on the first or last shift of the day
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor with a strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to express oneself clearly and persuasively when making sales
- Calm, professional demeanor
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 20 pounds
Please email your resume to